Youth Educational Programs
Wonders of Washington (WOW) D.C.- Youth Educational Tour
Wonders of Washington (WOW) combines leading civics and history educational programming, student tours of Washington D.C., and the added benefit of staying at D.C.'s premier youth hotel. With amenities specifically designed for student safety, security and comfort you will find National 4-H Youth Conference Center becomes your "home away from home".
Designed to parallel many state educational standards for civics and history, WOW is an ideal educational program. Our college-age tour guides make the program experience relevant, educational and exciting for students through a combination of tours and workshops highlighting the premier historical, political and cultural attractions in D.C.
Where does the program take place:
- The program will take place at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, just 1 mile from the Washington, D.C. border.
Who can participate:
- Any youth in grades 6-12.
Your WOW program could include:
- A trip to the U.S. Capitol and a meeting with elected officials from your state
- Tours of the Supreme Court, the Library of Congress, Arlington
National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, the Washington National Cathedral
- A visit and guided tour of the Smithsonian Institution Museums
- Seasonal cultural activities, including concerts at The Kennedy Center and dinner theater shows
How to register:
Simplify your planning and maximize your Washington, D.C. experience by working with our dedicated planning managers and licensed tour guides. Our flexible itineraries range from half-day to six nights, and are customized to meet your group needs.
For more information, please contact our sales team at 1-800-Four-H-DC or submit a request.
For more information, please contact our sales team at 1-800-Four-H-DC or submit a request below.
Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF)
Every summer, thousands of young people come to the National 4-H Youth
Conference Center to participate in Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF) -
a unique, weeklong leadership program for 4-H'ers ages 14 to 19. For 51 years, CWF has taught youth the importance of civic and social
The program includes:
- Activities that promote experiential learning and lasting friendships
- A special look at the inner-workings of our nation's capital, along with a chance to meet congressional leaders
- Tours of the Supreme Court, the Library of Congress, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, and the Washington National Cathedral
- A detailed orientation to the Smithsonian Institution Museums
- An enthusiastic staff of young adults that work directly with your 4-H'ers
For more information, please visit the Citizenship Washington Focus.